Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Wonderful English recipe I found in a cookbook for Bread and Butter Pudding, very yummy. Great Comfort food!!
- 1 loaf bread or 1 loaf brioche bread
- 18 ounces butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 6 whole eggs
- 10 1⁄2 ounces sugar
- 2 1⁄8 cups milk
- 2 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- sultanas (your choice) or raisins (soaked in alcohol, your choice)
- Brush the bread with the melted butter.
- Lay bread in the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle with some of the sultanas.
- Add more bread and keep repeating.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, salt, milk and heavy cream.
- Strain so smooth.
- Pour over the bread.
- Allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Place in an oven set at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for about 40 to 50 minutes or until well risen and the custard is set.
- Serve with ice cream .Devour!