Recipe by Annacia
I have no idea why this would be Brazilian but it sure sounds good!
Top Review by Pneuma
I followed the recipe as is, but I don't know why it ended up this way. Taste wise, it's so good and it's the chocolate mousse taste that I've been looking for but it didn't set at all even after I chilled it. Next time, I'll probably follow Sydney Mike's Recipe #210444 way of making the pudding which is to lessen the milk to 1 3/4 cup instead of 2 5/8. and with that, lessening also the rest of the ingredients like the cocoa so it'll still have the same taste as the original. Anyway, thanks for sharing.
- 1 (170 g) package vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 2 -3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 3 tablespoons powdered cocoa mix
- 2 5⁄8 cups milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 baked pie shell
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine pudding, coffee, cocoa, and milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Remove from heat and continue to stir frequently until cool.
- Place plastic wrap directly onto pudding and chill in refrigerator for 1 hours.
- Beat slightly.
- Fold in whipping cream which has been beaten until stiff.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Garnish with sliced almonds.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.