Brazilian Coconut Pie With Tropical Fruit
This is a very refreshing and easy pie to make Add which ever fresh tropical fruit you like to the top or a mixture traditioanlly they put on mango, papaya and guava slices. The recipe does not include a 2 hour chilling time in the fridge.
- Ready In:
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 2 cups milk
- 4 medium eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup coconut (grated )
- mango (sliced) (optional)
- papaya (sliced) (optional)
- guava (sliced) (optional)
- Make sure the pie shell has been chilled for 30 minutes before baking. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the milk in a double boiler until bubbles form around the outer edge of the pan.
- In a bowl beat the eggs and sugar add salt, vanilla, butter and grated coconut. stir in the heated milk
- Pour the custard mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the custard sets.
- Take the pie out of the overn and let cool and then place in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- Before serving garnish the pie with fresh fruit slices.