Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chocolate, almonds, coffee and rum... what's not to like? The chocolate needs to be grated (it's not melted as in many other chocolate candy recipes), so keep it in the fridge for a while before you start working. Recipe was originally submitted to the Ruokala web site by Marita Skippari.
- 150 g ground almonds
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 50 ml strong brewed coffee
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon rum (optional) or 1 -2 tablespoon other flavourful alcohol (optional)
- Grate chocolate and return 1/3 of it back to the fridge.
- Mix the remaining 2/3 of the grated chocolate with all other ingredients: ground almonds, coffee, powdered sugar and rum.
- If you're not using the rum and the mixture feels very stiff, add a bit of milk or cream to it instead so you can work with it.
- Roll the mixture into balls, then roll the balls in the remaining grated chocolate.
- Keep the chocolate balls refridgerated.
oh, my... this was fasts, easy and so good, I was a bit concerned about the amount of almond/ sugar/chocolate eq. the liquids but it all came together so nicely!! great rum taste (I used stroh rom,60%.) I did the grating of the chocolate in my bosch instead of by hand, only down side to that is that the chocolate gets sort of electric. This makes a great edible gift for adults for christmas!! I will use this as a basic recipe exchanging the flavour of alcohol, use different nuts and chocolat!! this will be a recipe I will use over and over again!!