Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
As Mom always said, Broccoli is good for you so cook up a bunch today. Recipe comes from the newspaper.
- Cook broccoli in a small amount of water,or steam until just tender; drain and set aside.
- While broccoli is cooking, fry bacon in skillet until crisp; remove, crumble and set aside.
- Drain skillet.
- Add onions to skillet; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add walnuts, cook stirring frequently for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Stir in bacon and broccoli; heat through.
I'm a Personal Chef and this recipe is one of my clients' favorites. Their children request it frequently. It adds a nice twist to a very healthy side dish. Thank you.
Good broccoli recipe but we're not sure the walnuts were a good compliment to the broccoli. Just not to our taste I guess. I will make them again, but may use pine nuts instead, we do like walnuts but they just didn't seem to do anything for the broccoli. It may just be a personal taste thing.