Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this on kwwl web site. I liked it. altho I used less cabbage.
- 1 lb cooked bratwurst
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into medium pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 head cabbage, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 cup of chopped carrot
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 ounces of shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan combine:
- brats cut into 1/2 inch pieces, potatoes, onions, and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Add water, bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat.
- Cover and simmer for an additional 20 minutes until the potatoes are nearly done.
- Now stir in the cabbage and carrots, and cook until they are tender. Stir in 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup of milk with the flour.
- Now gradually stir it into the soup to thicken it.
- When the soup has thickened and is bubbly, stir in the cheese until it is melted.
I have to say this is most unusual, but rather tasty. I've never had bratwurst like this before. Very Creative recipe Julie!