1/1 Photo of Brandy Cream Chicken Livers
I wanted a supper dish for chicken livers which was simple, comforting and would fill my DH up after a hard day's work. After first serving it up, he's declared it his favourite treatment of chicken livers and demands it very week! The amount in this recipe will serve two for a lunch or one for a supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces chicken livers
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces wensleydale cheese (or any 'crumbling' cheese which isn't very strong and doesn't melt 'stringy')
- 2 ounces butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (double cream)
- 1 tablespoon brandy (you can use Bourbon if you don't have Brandy in the kitchen)
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 loaf ciabatta (halved lengthways)
- 1Wash and trim the chicken livers. Pat dry on paper towels.
- 2In a baggie, combine the flour, Cayenne Pepper and Mustard Powder. Season with Sea Salt and Crushed Black Pepper. Add the chicken livers to the baggie and shake to coat.
- 3Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the sliced mushrooms. Saute until golden.
- 4Brush the Ciabatta with Olive Oil, season with a little pepper and pop under a grill to brown.
- 5Add the finely chopped garlic and floured chicken livers to the pan and saute for a couple of minutes until the outside of the livers are very lightly browned.
- 6Pour the Brandy into the pan and allow to heat up for a couple of seconds before setting alight. Toss the livers around in the pan until the flames die out and allow the Brandy to reduce a little.
- 7Add the cream and stir until the livers are done to your taste. If you'd like the sauce thinner, simply add a little more cream.
- 8Cut the browned Ciabatta in half and put on a heat-proof plate. Turn the chicken livers out on top of the Ciabatta.
- 9Crumble the cheese on top of the livers and pop under a hot grill until the cheese melts.
- 10Garnish with a little chopped flat-leaf parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brandy Cream Chicken Livers
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1280.8
- Calories from Fat 950
- Total Fat 105.6 g
- Saturated Fat 61.1 g
- Cholesterol 1270.6 mg
- Sodium 583.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 57.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: