Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Be sure to use fresh pineapple juice for this drink, not bottled. From LCBO's Food & Drink Magazine. The data base wouldn't allow me to add cava. Cava is Portuguese sparkling wine made by the Champagne method.
- 1 ounce portuguese brandy
- 2⁄3 ounce fresh pineapple juice
- 1 ounce dry sparkling wine (or cava)
- pineapple (to garnish)
- Put 2 or 3 cubes of ice in a tumbler, add brandy and pineapple juice and stir. Top up with cava or sparkling wine.
- Garnish with a wedge of pineapple.
This was pretty darned good! I can usually tell if I'm going to like something just based on the ingredients alone... what's not to like in this recipe? It was refreshing and different, not too sweet. That being said, the next time I will use just a wee teensy tiny bit of simple syrup to give it a bit more sweetness.