Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A hearty muffin recipe from the back of Bob's Red Mill Ground Flax Seed. I have modified the recipe to remove the nuts and raisins, but feel free to add them back in. You can add up to 2 cups of almost anything moderately dry without altering the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 3⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots (shredded)
- 2 apples (shredded)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together flour, flaxseed meal, oat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in carrots, apples, raisins and nuts (if desired).
- Combine milk, beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until ingredients are moistened. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
Great recipe. I love Bob's Red Mill products. They have great recipes as well. Thanks for posting this, very tasty!!
These muffins are the best muffins I have ever made; fabulous! I added sliced almonds and raisins as well as wheat germ.
This is an excellent recipe for low fat and healthy muffins. It is very adaptable and always turns out. I add a ripe banana or two which helps them to rise and makes them more moist. I also have added different kinds of nuts, cranberries, dates and even strawberries/raspberries. I have made these muffins many times and they are always a big hit in my family.