4 hrs 15 mins
This is a real Jewish brisket recipe. It's easy, and even better the second day. If you refrigerate the sauce, the excess fat can be scraped off the top. My kids and husband demand this at least once a month!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle beef with fresh ground pepper, pressing in.
- 2Sear beef in large dutch oven on stove top.
- 3Mix other ingredients together in bowl.
- 4Quantities are not crucial.
- 5Pour half onion soup over top of seared beef.
- 6Turn beef and coat other side with soup mix.
- 7Pour sauce over top, cover dutch oven, and roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 8Turn oven down to 250 degrees and roast for an additional 3-1/2 hours.
- 9Remove beef from pan and allow to cool slightly.
- 10Slice thinly and across the grain.
- 11Degrease sauce and serve with roasted or mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1129.4
- Calories from Fat 815
- Total Fat 90.6 g
- Saturated Fat 36.4 g
- Cholesterol 248.5 mg
- Sodium 929.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 58.6 g