Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a real Jewish brisket recipe. It's easy, and even better the second day. If you refrigerate the sauce, the excess fat can be scraped off the top. My kids and husband demand this at least once a month!
- Sprinkle beef with fresh ground pepper, pressing in.
- Sear beef in large dutch oven on stove top.
- Mix other ingredients together in bowl.
- Quantities are not crucial.
- Pour half onion soup over top of seared beef.
- Turn beef and coat other side with soup mix.
- Pour sauce over top, cover dutch oven, and roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 250 degrees and roast for an additional 3-1/2 hours.
- Remove beef from pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Slice thinly and across the grain.
- Degrease sauce and serve with roasted or mashed potatoes.