Recipe by A Skinny Cook
I've never actually tried this recipe--it's my best guess to correct my mistakes from last time I tried this dish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 lb boneless beef short rib (or similar tough cut of beef)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces marsala wine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 -2 lb asiago-filled tortellini, boiled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil on high heat in a large nonstick pan.
- Toss short ribs in flour, add to pan, and sear on all sides.
- Reduce heat to low and add garlic; cook and stir for about 1 min.
- Add tomato, mushrooms, Marsala wine, and Italian seasoning one at a time, allowing about 1-2 min between each for liquid to evaporate.
- Cover pan and braise for 3 hr or until very tender, checking and stirring every 30 min to make sure liquid has not evaporated away (add more Marsala if liquid evaporates).
- Increase heat to medium high and heat thoroughly.
- Serve over tortelloni.