Recipe by WI Cheesehead
From Pampered Chef's Kids in the Kitchen cookbook. Simple, only 2 ingredients, but you need an ice shaver. Better for you than ice cream. Cook time includes freezing time. Update: I tried this myself with frozen O.J. and reducing it to 1/4 C with 1 C yogurt. I left it in the freezer overnight and it froze fine.
Top Review by Loves2Teach
Hi, I tagged this for newest tag because I love finding recipes to use my pampered chef ice shaver. I scaled down the recipe to just one tub. When I threw this together, I worried, because it didn't freeze as solid as I thought it should. When I unmolded it from the tub, it was already starting to defrost... I do not know if it needed more yogurt, or if I did something wrong. It ended up being a big, soupy mess. I will try it again soon with more yogurt. Sorry!
- 3⁄4 cup frozen grape juice concentrate
- 3 (8 ounce) containers vanilla yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix frozen concentrate with whisk until smooth and slightly thawed.
- Whisk in yogurt until completely blended.
- Divide mixture evenly among 3 Ice Shaver Tubs and cover with lids.
- Place tubs in freezer and freeze until firm (about 6 hours).
- Place cold bowl under ice shaver to catch shavings.
- Remove frozen mixture from tubs and shave with ice shaver.
- Scoop shaved ice into serving dishes.
- Frozen fruit punch instead of grape juice.
- Frozen pineapple or pineapple-banana instead of grape juice.