- 1 large snoek, mildly cured if available
- 1 -2 can fine apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons masala, spice
- coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle course salt over snoek, and leave for 20 minutes.
- Add other ingredients in saucepan, and slowly bring up heat until mixture is smooth and runny. Don't allow to boil.
- Rince off salt from fish, and place skin side down on tinfoil, doubled over.
- Roll up edges of tinfoil to make an impromptu pan, and transfer to braai. Pour sauce all over fish, and braai for about 20 minutes, or until meat turns white and firm.
- Serve directly from braai.