Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is very tasty and have received rave reviews. A simple recipe that results in a tender, flavorful pork roast.
- 3 lbs pork roast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄8 cup cooking sherry
- parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- Place the pork roast fat side up in a roaster.
- Rub the roast with lemon juice.
- Mix together the brown sugar, flour, paprika and salt.
- Rub this mixture all over the roast.
- Generously sprinkle with ground black pepper.
- Combine water, 1/8 cup sherry, and 1/8 cup bourbon, and pour over the roast.
- Place a bay leaf in the pan and sprinkle the roast with parsley.
- Baste heavily and often.
- After 1 1/4 hours, pour the remaining bourbon over the roast, and continue to baste until you are ready to serve roast.
- Bake approximately 2 1/2 hours or 45 minutes per pound.
I'm not seeing the oven temperature anywhere. Seems like a pretty important detail to leave out.
This was made for PAC Spring 2009 and is a recipe I will definitely make again. I did not follow the cooking instructions I must admit as the weatehr was so good that we decided to bar-b-q instead. I made the sauce as instructed and marinated my tenderloin for 45 minutes. Then seared it on the bar-b, and finished it off by cooking over indirect heat! My husband loved it - we are having the leftover in stir fry tonight! Very excellent!