Recipe by CaliforniaJan
I love to experiment with the bread machine and it's always fun to spike things up a bit! This recipe also has sour cream and espresso to really boost flavor.
- 1⁄4 cup nut oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecans or 1 1⁄4 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oil, eggs, almond extract, sour cream, bourbon, brown sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, espresso, and pecans or walnuts in bread machine pan in order listed in your manufacturer's instructions. Set crust for dark if your machine offers crust control for this setting and program for quick bread/cake cycle. Press start. The batter will be thick.
- After dough is mixed, scrape down sides of pan with spatula if needed to be sure all ingredients are incorporated. Close lid and let baking process continue.
- When done, immediately remove pan from machine, but let bread stand in pan for 10 minutes before turning it our, right side up. Cool completely on a rack. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill overnight or up to three days before serving.