Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I combined several recipes and came up with this to use up leftover Walnut Rye Bread. It was delicious served warm with freshly whipped cream. If you're using challah or brioche, feel free to add 1 cup of pecans or walnuts.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bread, cut into cubes
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix eggs, butter,sugar, bourbon, cream, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Add bread and chocolate chips and stir well.
- Spray a 10x13 baking dish with cooking spray and add bread mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- Serve with whipped cream.