Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My husband absolutely LOVES this recipe! I always serve it with red beans and white rice. Recipe can be easily doubled if cooking for more people!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 ounces soy sauce (may use low-sodium, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄8 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place chicken breasts in an appropriately sized freezer bag.
- In small bowl, combine ground ginger, soy sauce, minced onion, brown sugar, bourbon, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Pour in freezer bag over chicken and place bag on cookie sheet in freezer until frozen (that waythe bag will be flat and the chicken will be covered).
- When ready to cook: Remove bag from freezer and let thaw in refridgerator (I usually allow it to thaw overnight).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put chicken in glass baking dish (I use 13x9) and pour marinade over chicken.
- Bake chicken in preheated over for appx. 1 1/2 hours, basting frequently, until thoroughly cooked.