Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe provides a different "swing" on brownies, if you know what I mean. They are delicious and irresistible. I got the recipe from my sister in Iowa--not sure where she got it. Enjoy!
- 1 box brownie mix (~19.8 oz.)
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- Bake brownies in 9 x 13 inch pan according to package direction.
- Remove from oven and immediately pour 1/3 cup bourbon over hot brownie.
- Cool Frosting: Mix 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 stick butter and 3 Tbsp bourbon until creamy.
- Spread over cooled brownies.
- Melt chocolage chips, 1 Tbsp butter and 3 Tbsp water together.
- With a teaspoon, drizzle melted chocolate mixture over white frosting.
- When completely cooled, cut into small bars.
- Freezes well!
Made this for Hubby for Valentine's Day. He loved it but said it was quite rich and thick so two 1 inch size pieces were enough for him. Good thing this freezes well. I cut into bite size pieces and froze.