Recipe by Judikins
This recipe provides a different "swing" on brownies, if you know what I mean. They are delicious and irresistible. I got the recipe from my sister in Iowa--not sure where she got it. Enjoy!
Top Review by Jo in Arlington
Made this for Hubby for Valentine's Day. He loved it but said it was quite rich and thick so two 1 inch size pieces were enough for him. Good thing this freezes well. I cut into bite size pieces and froze.
- 1 box brownie mix (~19.8 oz.)
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake brownies in 9 x 13 inch pan according to package direction.
- Remove from oven and immediately pour 1/3 cup bourbon over hot brownie.
- Cool Frosting: Mix 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 stick butter and 3 Tbsp bourbon until creamy.
- Spread over cooled brownies.
- Melt chocolage chips, 1 Tbsp butter and 3 Tbsp water together.
- With a teaspoon, drizzle melted chocolate mixture over white frosting.
- When completely cooled, cut into small bars.
- Freezes well!