Recipe by Fido ®™
It was my neighbour Bonzo's birthday a couple of days ago, and his human sister made this to celebrate the occasion, and she gave me a couple of slices. So I made a deal with Bonzo - I promised him that I would not tie his tail to the fire hydrant if he'd get the recipe for me. It worked.
- 2⁄3 cup very ripe mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Fetch a mixing bowl, and beat together the mashed banana and butter until creamy.
- Add the eggs and water; beat well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the nuts and raisins.
- Spoon the batter evenly into an oiled and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 350°F for about 35 minutes.
- Cool the on a wire rack for 5 minutes, and then remove the cake from the pan, being careful not to burn your paws, and replace the cake on the rack to continue cooling.
- While it cools, go outside to pee, bark at the neighbours and chase a few squirrels or rabbits.