Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
It was my neighbour Bonzo's birthday a couple of days ago, and his human sister made this to celebrate the occasion, and she gave me a couple of slices. So I made a deal with Bonzo - I promised him that I would not tie his tail to the fire hydrant if he'd get the recipe for me. It worked.
- 2⁄3 cup very ripe mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Fetch a mixing bowl, and beat together the mashed banana and butter until creamy.
- Add the eggs and water; beat well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the nuts and raisins.
- Spoon the batter evenly into an oiled and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 350°F for about 35 minutes.
- Cool the on a wire rack for 5 minutes, and then remove the cake from the pan, being careful not to burn your paws, and replace the cake on the rack to continue cooling.
- While it cools, go outside to pee, bark at the neighbours and chase a few squirrels or rabbits.
as said above grapes & raisans are highly toxic to dogs, they cause kidney failure and death within a short period of time. PLEASE LEAVE THEM OUT!!
You should NEVER feed a dog raisins, grapes or onions! Ask your vet if you don't believe me. These foods can be toxic to dogs, just like chocolate can. PLEASE, FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR DOG, LEAVE OUT THE RAISINS!!!
It is true that dogs are not suppose to eat grapes or rasins, probably best to leave them out. Otherwise my babies loved them!!