Recipe by Latchy
These a very tasty lamb chops with a raita which is different. Prep time does not take in the marinading time.
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground aniseed
- 1 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 lamb loin chops (1kg)
- 1 cup red lentil, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30 g butter
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 medium bananas, sliced thickly
- 1 1⁄2 cups yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the spices and oil in a large bowl and add the lamb, mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours or overnight.
- Combine the lentils, stock and garlic in a medium pan, bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes until the lentils are tender.
- Cook the lamb in batches in a large heated oiled pan until browned both sides and cooked to your liking.
- Banana Raita: Melt butter and sugar in a medium pan and cook the banana slices until browned lightly and soft.
- Combine the bananas with the yogurt in a medium bowl.
- Serve lamb and lentils with the banana raita.