Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was given to me from a friend who grew up down the street from our house. Her mother was from Germany and I imagine that is where this originated. I wonder if she still makes it. Thank you Eva.
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate, grated
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Mix in order given.
- Roll in balls like marbles and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Dip in powdered sugar while still warm.