Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
Slurping was never attractive until now. This fruit-drink rendition of bubble tea is very versatile and impossible to stop playing with while you drink it up. It's even better with ice cream. Make sure to boil the tapioca pearls in sugar water, not just plain water, or you'll have globs of rubber-cement-like tapioca balls waiting to be eaten. The sugar water adds to the yummy factor. The Mango Lemonade may be purchased at Trader Joe's, the gastronomical center of my universe. Buy wide straws to properly enjoy this drink.
- There are several ways to prepare this delicacy-par-excellence.
- Door #1:.
- Boil the tapioca pearls according to the instructions on the back, usually for around 5 to 7 minutes in SUGAR water. Strain the pearls. In a pitcher, mix the mango lemonade with the cranberry juice. Take 4 glasses and divide the tapioca pearls amongst the four and spoon them into the glasses. Then pour the mango-lemon-cranberry fusion on top and place the straws inches Slurp and consume with a degree of caution- bubble tea would be a bad idea for small children as it is very easy to choke on the bubbles.
- Door # 2:
- Do the previous process and then put an iceberg of a scoop of vanilla ice cream to top it all off.
- Door # 3: Make it a fusion float by adding Sprite or Sierra Mist to the Mix. This also makes the ice cream mix more satisfyingly.
- Door # 4 (can there really be more?):.
- Using a large metal spoon and circling pressing motions, blend the vanilla ice cream with the tapioca pearls and a small amount of milk if the ice cream needs thinning. Scoop into glasses and drink like a milkshake. You could also, I suppose, scoop it into the manganaderry (mango lemonade cranberry) juice.
- Slurp away and do NOT, I repeat, do NOT have Tapioca Pearl cannon-fire fights by spraying them out of the straws at each other. It's fun, but stepping on a ball of tapioca stuck to the floor the next day kind of pops the metaphorical bubble.
- All the talk aside, these are tasty drinks and should be enjoyed! Let me know if you like!