Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes from my Great Grandmother. The food Ingredients come from the days of rationing during WW1. And all the ingredients are already in most pantries. It's very simple so She would make this for us every time we visited her. It was my favorite thing to eat when I was a kid. It's very rich so a little goes a long way. I still make this just for my birthday.
- In a small pot add the Tomato Soup.
- Making sure to reserve about 1/4 cup of the tomato soup in a small bowl.
- With the pot on the stove, turn the heat to low-medium.
- With the 1/4 cup of Tomato Soup in the bowl add the egg and whisk until both are mixed.
- Then add that mixture to the pot, make sure the soup isn't boiling.
- Turn up the heat.
- Slowly add the Cheese making sure to stir it all in until melted.
- Once everything is melted.
- Serve in small bowls with Crackers.