Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
I'm not sure of the cooking time on this recipe but you will know it is done when it thickens.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 cups fresh blueberries or 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix flour and sugar well in a small bowl.
- In a heavy saucepan, bring blueberries and water to a boil.
- Add flour and sugar mixture and cook until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Great over cheesecake, pancakes, or ice cream.
Very simple and tasty recipe! I, too, used about half of the flour/sugar mixture, and it made a great topping for the blueberry waffles I made for my dad on father's day. Thanks!
Easy to whip up while the rest of breakfast items are cooking.<br/>I halved the sugar.<br/>added more water.
I prefer food items which are not extremely sweet. Following the suggestions from the other reviews, I also, cut the sugar and flour in 1/2. It is excellent and easy. I am going to try to add a dollop to my smoothie in the morning...I am sure it will be excellent.