Recipe by Chef*Lee
I created this for fun! It's for vegans and vegetarians or anybody who wants to cut dairy or fats out of their diet. Dreaming about Hawaii, I thought of the poi that I had at a luau. Poi, made from the taro root, has a taste that I thought was similar to tofu!!! So I gave it a little sweetness from honey and poi is light purple-colored so I used blueberries to get that poi look. You could serve this at a summer luau party or eat as a fruit dip. I like it with Mi-Del ginger snaps too! Also, this makes a lot (a full food processor's worth) so cut the recipe in half for fewer people. Enjoy!
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Break up the tofu into chunks and put in a food processor with the blueberries. Process until well blended.
- Add the honey then continue to process until creamy.
- Add in the vanilla, cornstarch, and lemon juice and process one more time until blended and creamy.
- Serve with apples, ginger snaps, or anything you want!