Recipe by Sarah Chana
Got this from the Andrew Weil website, and I havent tried it yet but it looks both simple and tasty, so I'm hoping to give it a try. Time estimates do not include time for crust preparation, nor cooling time.
Top Review by ladypit
YUMMY! This was super easy to make using a pillsbury pie crust. I used canned lemon juice, just added about 2 tbsp. My 9 year old said it tasted like a bluberry pop tart, which is high praise indeed!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 baked pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the blueberries in a saucepan over medium heat until they begin to boil. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch or arrowroot well with the water, and pour mixture into the simmering blueberries while stirring. Cook, stirring, until mixture becomes clear and thick. Continue to cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool.
- Spoon mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.