Recipe by mickey Canada
It is a different flavour introducing goat cheese to the cheese tart, it is light and very tasty. Given to me by a friend after she served it at a meeting in her home.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
This is a phenomenal dessert! The texture is perfect, there's just the right amount of sugar, and I really like the combination of goat cheese and berries. I made a couple of substitutions: I only used 5 oz. of chevre, replacing the rest with cream cheese (I was afraid the goat cheese would be a little too pronounced) and I used light sour cream. The only thing I will do differently next time is to use more berries. Thank you so much for this recipe!
- 1⁄2 lb softened goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (grated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixer beat smooth the goat cheese, sugar and vanilla, scrape down the sides of the bowl often.
- Blend in the egg and again beat until smooth and scrape the sides again as you go along.
- Add sour cream to the mixture.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve and then add the orange zest.
- Arrange the berries on a prebaked shortbread crust shell.
- Pour the mixture into the crust and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Note: You may use raspberries or other seasonal fruit, stay away from the frozen fruits.