Recipe by duonyte
Adapted from Food52. The original recipe called for 1 1/2 tsp cardamon and 1 tsp cinnamon, which I found to be overpowering.This is very pleasant. Cooking time is standing time.
- 591.47 ml almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries
- 2.46 ml ground cardamom
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 59.14 ml maple syrup or 59.14 ml agave syrup
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml chia seeds
- fresh blueberries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend milk, blueberries, cardamom, cinnamon, vanilla and syrup together in a blender on high till smooth. (I used a stick blender and a deep bowl).
- Pour blueberry mixture over chia seeds and stir thoroughly with a whisk or a fork. Let rest for five minutes, and stir again. Ten minutes later, stir again. Refrigerate and let sit overnight.
- In the morning, give it a stir and check texture. If it’s too thick, simply add more almond milk; the texture should be similar to that of tapioca pudding. Serve - a few fresh blueberries make a nice garnish.