Recipe by duonyte
Adapted from Food52. The original recipe called for 1 1/2 tsp cardamon and 1 tsp cinnamon, which I found to be overpowering.This is very pleasant. Cooking time is standing time.
- 2 1⁄2 cups almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup or 1⁄4 cup agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chia seeds
- fresh blueberries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend milk, blueberries, cardamom, cinnamon, vanilla and syrup together in a blender on high till smooth. (I used a stick blender and a deep bowl).
- Pour blueberry mixture over chia seeds and stir thoroughly with a whisk or a fork. Let rest for five minutes, and stir again. Ten minutes later, stir again. Refrigerate and let sit overnight.
- In the morning, give it a stir and check texture. If it’s too thick, simply add more almond milk; the texture should be similar to that of tapioca pudding. Serve - a few fresh blueberries make a nice garnish.