Prep 1 hr
Cook 6 hrs
Simple and delicious. The cut of the beef and the slow cooking will lead to a stringy roast that is perfect for shredded BBQ sandwiches, shredded tacos, enchiladas or open-faced hot beef sandwiches. PBR make for a great stock for slow cooking. Beer does an excellent job of tenderizing, breaking down muscle fiber and adds tremendous flavor. This roast will fall apart and virtually shred itself
- 3 -5 lbs chuck roast or 3 -5 lbs cross chuck roast
- 1 (16 ounce) can Pabst Blue Ribbon beer
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- Brown the roast in a large frying pan.
- After browning, place in crock pot with onions, garlic, fresh ground pepper, paprika, Pabst Blue Ribbon, and water.
- Cook times will vary depending on the weight and thickness of the roast. Rotate roast every couple of hours.
- Roast is ready when the meat easily falls apart.
- Shred portions of meat in a separate bowl with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Pile shredded beef on slightly toasted kaiser.
- Serve with you favorite BBQ sides.
- Save leftovers for your other favorite recipes that call for shredded beef.