Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great entree for those nights when you are in a hurry and want to make something that tastes great but isn't alot of work. Nice served with a salad on the side.
- 50 g butter, plus
- butter, for buttering
- 60 g breadcrumbs
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 150 ml milk
- 5 eggs, separated
- 100 g blue cheese, roughly crumbled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200*C (4oo*F).
- Butter 4 cappuccino cups and coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Freeze while you make the souffle.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour, stirring until you have a light coloured roux.
- Gradually mix in the milk to make a thick sauce.
- Temper the egg yolks with a little of the hot sauce, then stir the mixture into the sauce gradually.
- Add the blue cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Quickly fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture.
- Divide between the 4 cups and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with a simply dressed green salad.