Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From magazine recipe clippings. Two ways to prepare this recipe for appetizer meat balls.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- dry breadcrumbs
- 10 slices bacon, halved (optional)
- Mix beef, egg, cheese, 1/2 cup bread crumbs and salt in a medium-size bowl.
- Shape into 20 appetizer- size balls (about 1-inch in diameter).
- Roll balls in breadcrumbs until well coated, or wrap 1 piece of bacon around each, fastening with a wet toothpick.
- Place the appetizer balls on a baking pan with a wire rack.
- If crumb coated, bake in a hot oven (400°F) for 15 minutes.
- If wrapped with bacon, broil 10 minutes, turning occasionally to brown bacon on all sides.