Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
We love this as a dessert. Add the blueberry sauce over the top and you'll have a winner.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white cornmeal (or yellow, use more if your taste desires)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl and then the dry ingredients together separately. Then mix together until just uniform.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased baking pan (medium oval casserole, 8x8-inch baking pan, or equivalent), and bake for 23 to 25 minutes at 425°F
- For thicker bread, use a smaller pan.