Recipe by Demelza
This is a recipe from the Blue Bayou Restaurant, New Orleans Square, Disneyland. It came from one of the Disney recipe sites, sorry I don't remember which one. I will also post the recipe for the pecans from Boatwrights at Disneyworld, it is slightly different. I have not made this version, I usually do the Boatwrights version which is baked after the sugar mixture is poured over the nuts. They are wonderful to eat as is, or garnish a salad with them.
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast pecans in a 350F oven for 8 minutes, let cool.
- Melt butter, add sugar & cayenne, mix well.
- Bring to a medium boil.
- Remove from heat, pour over pecans & mix well.
- Pour on a parchment lined cookie sheet, spread out & let cool.
- Store in an airtight container.