This is a recipe from the Blue Bayou Restaurant, New Orleans Square, Disneyland. It came from one of the Disney recipe sites, sorry I don't remember which one. I will also post the recipe for the pecans from Boatwrights at Disneyworld, it is slightly different. I have not made this version, I usually do the Boatwrights version which is baked after the sugar mixture is poured over the nuts. They are wonderful to eat as is, or garnish a salad with them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast pecans in a 350F oven for 8 minutes, let cool.
- 2Melt butter, add sugar & cayenne, mix well.
- 3Bring to a medium boil.
- 4Remove from heat, pour over pecans & mix well.
- 5Pour on a parchment lined cookie sheet, spread out & let cool.
- 6Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Bayou Caramelized Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (844 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5196.9
- Calories from Fat 4186
- Total Fat 465.1 g
- Saturated Fat 115.5 g
- Cholesterol 366.0 mg
- Sodium 1277.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 278.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 43.6 g
- Sugars 231.6 g
- Protein 43.3 g