Recipe by Hey Jude
Big name for a sandwich! I got this from The Panera Bread Cookbook, the original called for apple-wood smoked bacon but I just had regular smoked bacon and it was terrific. I loved the very easy to make lemon aioli in this sandwich, it gives it a nice twang.
- 14.79 ml butter
- 4 slice sourdough bread
- 8 slice smoked bacon
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slice beefsteak tomatoes
- 236.59 ml arugula, lightly packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread butter very thinly on one side of all 4 slices of bread and toast till golden brown.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat till it's crisp, about 4-6 minutes and drain on paper towels.
- To make the aioli, whisk the mayo and lemon juice together and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the aioli on the buttered side of all the bread slices, top 2 of the slices with arugula, tomato and bacon and then place remaining two slices, aioli side down, on the 2 sandwiches.
- Cut in half and serve.