Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Big name for a sandwich! I got this from The Panera Bread Cookbook, the original called for apple-wood smoked bacon but I just had regular smoked bacon and it was terrific. I loved the very easy to make lemon aioli in this sandwich, it gives it a nice twang.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices smoked bacon
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 cup arugula, lightly packed
- Spread butter very thinly on one side of all 4 slices of bread and toast till golden brown.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat till it's crisp, about 4-6 minutes and drain on paper towels.
- To make the aioli, whisk the mayo and lemon juice together and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the aioli on the buttered side of all the bread slices, top 2 of the slices with arugula, tomato and bacon and then place remaining two slices, aioli side down, on the 2 sandwiches.
- Cut in half and serve.
A wonderful twist on a classic. I also skipped the the butter to cut few calories. Thank you so much for sharing.
The Peppery Arugula and Lemon Aioli work so nice together. I oven cook my bacon using my Bacon Oven Cooked With Black Pepper & Brown Sugar recipe #107440 which added even more pepper flavor. I didn't butter and pan fry the bread because I didn't want the extra fat! And I didn't miss it! Thanks for posting this quick, easy & delish recipe!