Recipe by OveGlove
If you like BLT sandwiches, then you would like this egg bake. I found this in a magazine and it is a great recipe
Top Review by Claudia Dawn
This was good but not great. I followed the recipe as shown. I found cutting the toast after spreading the mayonnaise and placing in the baking dish a bit cumbersome. I only used 4 slices of toast as that fit best in the dish (trying to keep the mayonnaise side up without layering). 3 things I'll do differently next time: 1)I think I'll just omit the mayonnaise as I couldn't taste it in the recipe anyways 2) use 5 or 6 slices of toast and overlap I thought it needed more toast (Like I said, I only used 4 slices because I didn't want to overlap the ones with mayonnaise spread on them). And 3) I'll dice the tomatoes instead of slicing (easier to eat). Also it took me 30 minutes of prep time which included cooking the bacon. I'll make again because my son liked it and we're always looking for different breakfast foods.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 slices bread, toasted
- 4 slices American cheese
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- shredded lettuce, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread mayo on one side of each slice of toast and cut into small pieces.
- Arrange toast mayo side up in a greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Top with cheese slices and bacon.
- In a skilled, fry eggs over medium heat until completely set.
- Place eggs over bacon.
- Top with tomatoe slices and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over tomato.
- Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and onions.
- Bake uncovered at 325 for 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve with lettuce.