Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This stuff is great to use on chicken or salmon before cooking or as a spread for garlic bread. It can be kept chilled for up to two weeks, or frozen for longer term storage.
- Place the garlic on a sheet of foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and then close the foil and place in a 400°F oven.
- Roast for one hour, or until soft.
- Purée the garlic in a blender or food processor.
- Add the butter and bleu cheese, mixing well.
- Refrigerate or freeze in desired portion sizes.
Instead of peeling all those cloves of garlic, I sliced the tops off the heads, drizzled the olive oil and roasted. The garlic squeezes out of the skins very easily when cooked and cooled and saves the peeling time. That aside, this tastes incredible and is destined to be a family favorite --- awesome on pan seared salmon and even better as a zesty garlic bread spread! I bet this would be fabulous as the "dip" on garlic monkey bread...
Very good and easy. I added a little dried oregano to the garlic with the olive oil. We used to mak e fantastic garlic bread. This is definitely one recipe that we will make again and again.