Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love Bleu Cheese - so these were born. When I make them for appetizers, I use the regular size mushrooms - that way people don't need a plate and/or knife and fork for them
- Put mushroom stems in a food processor and process until well minced.
- Add to the softened bleu cheese.
- Fill each mushroom cap with a good amount.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 for 20- 30 minutes.
- I have also made these with Brie and it's good too- if you use a regular cheese (cheddar, swiss, etc.) mix just a tad of mayo or sour cream to the cheese and minced stems or they will be too dry.
I made these using Shropshire bleu cheese and while they were quite tasty, the cheese bubbled up and ran all over the pan. I used medium sized mushrooms so perhaps larger mushrooms might work better. Next time I'll add some bread crumbs to help keep the filling together. This is a good recipe that I'll tweak around with. Thanks!