1/3 Photos of Blackened Chicken Sandwich
Cap'n Ron's Note:
This recipe for Blackened Chicken has become one of my favorite recipes, and I'll definitely be doing it again. It's easy, and took only about 30 minutes from start to eat, which makes it great to cook when you've been working all day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml cajun seasoning, Butt Kickin' Blacken, Original Recipe
- 7.39 ml coarse kosher salt
- 3 large chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, about 2 pounds
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil, as needed
- 14.79 ml butter, as needed, for frying
- 7.39 ml vegetable oil, as needed, for frying
- 1 loaf ciabatta or 6 ciabatta rolls
- tomato, sliced
- mayonnaise, Chipotle Remoulade
- 1Mix up the Blackening Rub, and set it aside.
- 2In most cases, Chicken Breasts are really too thick for a sandwich. So, slice them in half using a filet knife being careful not to cut yourself.
- 3Oil the halved chicken, then coat with the rub. Work it in real well so that all parts of the chicken are coated.
- 4Set a pan to med / high, and add the butter and oil when it gets hot.
- 5When the butter has melted, and just barely beginning to smoke, add the chicken. Cook about 7 minutes on the first side, then turn it over and cook the other side. When done, set on paper towels for the grease to drain off.
- 6Ron's Note:.
- 7Don't turn the pan to too hot a temperature because all you'll do is burn the outside, and have raw meat in the middle. That's why I cook this chicken at a med / high temperature If you notice that it's beginning to burn, turn the heat down a little to insure that the inside gets done.
- 8I used Ciabatta Bread, sliced into a 3" piece, then halved with some of the insides removed.
- 9Lay on some lettuce, then the tomato, and finally set the Blackened Chicken on top. The lettuce on the bottom will keep any juices from soaking into the bread.
- 10Add the Chipotle Remoulade, top it, and you're ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Chicken Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.7
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 498.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: