Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are beans worthy of a dinner party.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Boil the beans until crisp tender and bright green about 5 minutes, then quickly blanch in cold water, drain and put in a large skillet.
- Add bacon, bacon grease and chopped walnuts to the green beans and toss.
- Add blue cheese and heat until cheese melts.
- Serve hot.