Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Weber's Big Book of Grilling
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno peppers, with seeds
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- peanut oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- Make the burgers: in a big bowl, gently mix all the burger ingredients together; shape the meat into 4 patties of equal size and thickness (about ¾ inch thick).
- Make the mushrooms: in a medium saute pan over med-high heat; melt the butter with the peanut oil; add in the ginger.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook/stir 4-6 minutes, until tender; season with salt and pepper; set aside and keep warm.
- Brush both sides of the patties with oil and grill over direct medium heat until internal temperature is 160° for medium, 8-10 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- During the last 30 seconds , grill the buns over direct medium heat until lightly toasted.
- Serve burgers hot on toasted buns, topped with mushrooms.