Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a long standing favorite in my family. If we don't have crab we use tiger prawns/shrimp. Served with white rice it's finger licking good!
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄3 cup minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce (regular or reduced sodium)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 cooked dungeness crabs, cleaned and cracked (4 3/4 to 5 1/2 lb. total)
- 1⁄4 cup peppercorn
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons salad oil
- In a large bowl, combine cilantro, garlic, onions, ginger, soy, and honey. Add crab pieces. Cover and chill 15 minutes to 1 hour, turning crab often.
- Coarsely grind pepper in a coffee grinder or crush with a rolling pin.
- Pour oil into a 14-inch wok or 6- to 8-quart pan over medium-high heat. Pour crab, marinade, and 1 1/2 tablespoons pepper into wok. Stir often until crab is steaming hot, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining pepper over crab and mix well. Ladle crab and juices into bowls.