Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a stunning dish to look at with the black pasta and white scallops on top. The black pasta is very different, both in appearance and taste (made with squid ink). From LCBO Food & Drink Magazine Winter 2003. Serves 2 as main course or 4 as an appetizer.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil and add pasta.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until al dente, then drain.
- While pasta is cooking, trim muscle from side of scallops.
- Heat oil in skillet over high heat.
- Add scallops and sauté about 2 minutes per side until golden and opaque throughout.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add whisky to skillet and boil until reduced to 1 tbsp (25 ml).
- Add stock and orange juice and boil until reduced by half, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss sauce with pasta and place on four serving plates.
- Nestle scallops on top and sprinkle with chives.
- NOTE: A single malt whisky is too strong a flavour for this dish thus the blended whisky.