Just Call Me Martha's Note:
This is a stunning dish to look at with the black pasta and white scallops on top. The black pasta is very different, both in appearance and taste (made with squid ink). From LCBO Food & Drink Magazine Winter 2003. Serves 2 as main course or 4 as an appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring large pot of salted water to boil and add pasta.
- 2Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until al dente, then drain.
- 3While pasta is cooking, trim muscle from side of scallops.
- 4Heat oil in skillet over high heat.
- 5Add scallops and sauté about 2 minutes per side until golden and opaque throughout.
- 6Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 7Add whisky to skillet and boil until reduced to 1 tbsp (25 ml).
- 8Add stock and orange juice and boil until reduced by half, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 9Remove from heat and whisk in butter.
- 10Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 11Toss sauce with pasta and place on four serving plates.
- 12Nestle scallops on top and sprinkle with chives.
- 13NOTE: A single malt whisky is too strong a flavour for this dish thus the blended whisky.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Pasta With Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (468 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1134.2
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 91.8 mg
- Sodium 338.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 131.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 40.5 g