Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
this one I have been making for ten years, and always turns out fine for me even now in a different machine..Give it a try eat with ham and cheese and homemade potato soup, yummy
- Place all ingredients into your bread maker according to manufacture.
- Select type to a light crust.
- Press start.
- Remembering to check while starting to knead.
- If mixture is too dry add a tablespoon warm water at a time.
- If mixture is too wet add flour again a little at a time.
- Mixture should go into a ball form, and just soft and slightly sticky to the finger touch.
- This goes for all types of breads when kneading.
- This recipe makes a one and half pound loaf size.
I made this bread exactly as stated. I kept it in the machine for the whole process, not taking the dough out, forming it into a loaf and then placing it in the oven (why do some people do that?!) ... It was VERY good and came out in a perfectly shaped loaf ... I just want to add that my bread machine has Medium, Large and X-Large settings. I used the Large setting based on the amount of flour stated in the recipe. I hope some of you find this useful. Thanks for the recipe andypandy!
Awesome recipe. Somehow my bread didn't rise in the middle - but it was a beautiful texture - had excellent flavor and my husband & I both loved it. Maybe I made a mistake. But even if it turns out exactly the same way - we would definitely make it again. I also subsituted 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour and 1/2 cup of spelt flour instead of regular whole wheat and bread flour.
Excellent! Used ingredients exactly as recipe indicated. I was afraid it wasn't rising adequately in the so I removed it to a pan for the second rise. It turned out a big beautiful loaf with wonderful texture and flavor. I will definitely make this again! Thanks for posting.