Think... Black Forest Cake... this is my version in Coffee. I hope you will enjoy this special treat, its good both with cherry juice and with the cherry liquer...please feel free to use your favourite cherry liquer in this drink.
- 1 cup hot strong fresh brewed coffee (French Roast)
- 3 tablespoons thick dark bittersweet chocolate syrup
- 1⁄4 cup full fat chocolate milk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cherry schnapps or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons wild cherry flavored liqueur or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sour cherry juice
- 3 ounces heavy cream
- 1⁄4 ounce cherry schnapps or 1⁄4 ounce wild cherry flavored liqueur or 1⁄4 ounce sour cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar, white (garnish)
- 1⁄2 ounce dark bittersweet chocolate, shaved (garnish)
- 3 large dark sweet red cherries, bing, stems (garnish)
- Make fresh, hot, strong coffee and keep warm until ready to mix.
- Place a medium size pot on low and add the chocolate syrup and chocolate milk, stir and keep warm, until needed.
- With a hand blender mix the heavy cream, cherry liquer and white sugar until it is smooth, thick and creamy.
- Add the coffee and cherry liquer to the chocolate milk and stir gently.
- Pour coffee into a large mug and garnish with the cherry flavored whipped cream, bittersweet chocolate shaving and top with the cherry cluster.