Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The measurements are optional to your taste. I usually just dump and taste and dump and taste. LOL Good with crab or tuna cakes or with tortilla chips. The yield is approximate.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 2 -3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro or 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons taco seasoning, depend on your preference for heat
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- Mix all ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Refrigerate at least one hour to meld flavors.
Lovely flavor and colorful appearance. I served this as a side dish with Turkey meatballs - It added just the zip needed to comliment the dinner. Thanks Caroline for a lovely recipe. Had some leftovers (there were only two of us enjoying it) so I used some as a base for an omelet - It worked!
This was really good, we did add some corn, part of a jalapeno and red bell pepper instead of the green. I used Taco Seasoning - Budget Friendly Seasoning for Tacos, Burritos.. for the seasoning packet mix and also as dippers Won Ton Chips 2007. Was and I am sure will be again soon a family Saturday night treat. Thanks for a great recipe :yummy: :chef: Matthew