Recipe by gtara
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: These chimichangas are baked not fried. Great for dinner or lunch, kids love them. I like to make a extra batch to keep in the freezer, they are excellent reheated. Serve with sour cream and salas...and a little extra cilantro for garnish.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 12 large flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients, except oil and tortillas.
- Divide potato bean mixture between tortillas.
- Roll up tortillas in a burrito fashion and place on a sheet pan. Allowing at least a 1 1/2 inch space between chimichangas.
- Brush each chimichanga very well with vegetable oil.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until golden brown. Allow to rest for five minutes after baking.