Recipe by Living la vida a belleza
My favorite breakfast joint stopped making this, so I had to make it at home. Very filling, tasty and easy. Can be as healthy as you like with protein from the eggs and low calorie fiber from the beans. Just eliminate the cheese and use Egg Beaters if you're watching your weight. We add Cholula sauce for a little extra spice.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 9 eggs
- 6 ounces cheese
- 3 ounces fat free sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Empty the drained black beans and Rotel in pan and bring to a boil. Remove as much liquid as you can without burning beans. Add Garlic.
- Place sauce pan or small skillet on eye, spray with Pam and turn to high heat. Crack eggs and stir to mix. When pan is hot, add eggs. When mostly solid, add cheese. Use slotted spoon to spoon about 1/2 Cup of bean mixture on to 1 side of the omelet. Fold, and wait for cheese to melt.
- Serve with sour cream on the side and Cholula sauce.
- Bean mixture is enough for 3 omelets.