1/1 Photo of Black Bean Corn Muffins
These muffins are based on the Black Bean Fritters that I learned how to make during class at Culinary Communion (which are one of my favorite luxury fried foods to snack on). Since some folks were concerned about the deep frying of the fritters, I decided to make them into a baked muffin form, instead. I'm happy to say that they are equally as delicious and much more healthful as muffins! I made a quick-to-prepare version this first time, with a Jiffy mix, but will be making a from-scratch version in the future.
My Private Note
mini mu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a mini-muffin tin with pan spray.
- 2In a large bowl, beat together the egg and milk.
- 3Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 4Fill the mini-muffin tins to three-quarters full and bake at 400 degrees F for 15-18 minutes until lightly browned.
- 5Turn out and serve immediately or let cool on rack or towel.
- 6Good with Cajun dishes, chili, fish, and even for breakfast!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Corn Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (682 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.2
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 235.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g